Oh sweet potato fries, how I love you so! I can’t quite remember when my love affair with this beautiful food began, but I’m pretty sure it will never end! Did you know that potatoes weren’t always allowed on the Whole 30? Yeah, that’s a world I’m not sure I could live in! Lucky for me, they were inducted into the “compliant foods” hall of fame a few months before I took the plunge into my first round. And I can see why they let these beautiful babies in…
“Did you know that 200g of sweet potatoes (about 1 cup) gives you 769% of the daily recommended dose of Vitamin A in the form of beta-carotene? Beta-carotene is the form that doesn’t lead to toxicity, so you can’t really eat too much of it. Sweet potatoes are also an amazing source of Vitamin B6, potassium, Vitamin C and manganese.”
So whether you’re looking for a way to stave off that craving for something snacky, or you’re hoping to make a switch to something cleaner on your plate without sacrificing flavor, these Sweet Potato Fries are it! I hope you enjoy!
And be sure to check back for my favorite paleo fry sauce that is SURE to knock your socks off. And it’s only 2 easy ingredients. That’s it! See you back here real soon…
Paleo Sweet Potato Fries
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 30 min
- 2 Lb of sweet potatoes cut in matchsticks. You can leave the skin on or peal it, I prefer to leave it on.
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons or your favorite fresh or dried herb (thyme, rosemary, or even my personal favorite, smoked paprika)
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat your oven to 400 F (375 F for Convection).
- In a bowl, coat evenly the sweet potato with the oil, herbs and sea salt & pepper.
- Place the fries on a baking tray in a single layer so they cook evenly
- Roast sweet potato fries for about 30 minutes (flipping fries and tray halfway through) or until the outside is browned and beginning to crisp and inside is soft.