One of my all time favorite dishes to order at PF Changs is their Lettuce Wraps. Those things are just so dang good! So when I figured out a way to make them Paleo and Whole30 approved I was so excited! You will love the Asian flavor and die over the simplicity of the sauce. Every good recipe has a great sauce by it’s side. Am I right?
I may not be Asian, but I know a good Asian recipe when I taste one!
The only regret I had about this recipe was not doubling it! I could’ve eaten lettuce wraps til the break of dawn! So if you’re like me, go ahead and double that recipe. You’ll thank me later.
Paleo Asian Lettuce Wraps
(GF, DF, Paleo, Whole30)
- 1 Lb chicken thighs, minced (ground chicken works too)
- 1 Tbl Avocado oil
- 6 button mushrooms, minced
- 1 (8oz) can water chestnuts, drained and minced
- 2-3 green onions, sliced
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 Tbl coconut aminos (soy sauce substitute)
- 2 Tbl coconut aminos
- 2 Tbl Spicy Brown Mustard
- Dash of Hot Sauce (optional)
- Lettuce leaves (I love butter lettuce, but romaine and iceburg work well too)
- In a medium sauce pan, heat avocado oil over medium heat. Add chicken and cook until lightly browned and cooked all the way through.
- Add mushrooms, water chestnuts, green onions, ginger, and garlic. Cook until fragrant. Add coconut aminos and stir to coat chicken mixture.
- For the sauce, in a small bowl mix all ingredients until smooth.
- Scoop chicken into lettuce wraps and garnish with extra green onion. Top with a spoonful or two of sauce. Enjoy extra sauce for dipping.