If you’re in the middle of a Whole 30, chances are that one of the things you’re missing most are you dips, sauces and dressings. I know because I’m been there… 4 times! And it wasn’t until my 4th round of Whole 30 that I discovered this amazing Paleo Zucchini Hummus dip.
You will love the way all these clean ingredients blend together with just the right spices to create a perfectly testifying dip for all your favorite veggies.
So stop living life without delicious veggie dip and try this one on for size. And remember, when choosing veggies, be sure to Eat The Rainbow!
Paleo Zucchini Hummus
Adapted from Paleo Cupboard
- 1 medium zucchini, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh squeeze lemon juice
- 1/4 cup tahini (or nut butter, like cashew)
- 1 Tbl Extra Light Olive Oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- dash paprika (for garnish)
- chopped cilantro (for garnish, optional)
- Place the lemon juice and tahini in a food processor and blend for about 30 seconds or until well combined and creamy, scraping down the sides when necessary.
- Add the zucchini, olive oil, cumin, sea salt, black pepper and garlic and blend until smooth.
- Transfer the hummus to a medium sized bowl and place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes garnish with paprika and cilantro (optional) before serving.
If you have a ripe zucchini, place the sliced and chopped pieces in a colander with a little salt. Allow the zucchini to drain for about 20 minutes and then pat dry with paper towels before adding it to the recipe. This will remove the excess moisture and help ensure the hummus is not too watery.